Thursday, May 15, 2014

Spring Break FUN!

My nieces, Hannah and Hayden, had their Spring Break in March. They came down for the week to spend time with us. We had SO MUCH FUN!

They arrived Saturday afternoon after the long 10 hour drive from Idaho. They were all bundled in their sweatshirts and pants to get out into 80 degree weather! Big shock! The girls instantly kicked off their shoes and jackets and ran through the green grass and played in the dirt. Within an hour of their arrival, we headed to the park so they could run off some energy.


On Sunday, the whole family headed to church. After church, we went to Chico, CA so my they could experience In-N-Out Burger for the first time. YUMM!!! Then, we headed to Bidwell Park for an afternoon of sun, warmth, and playtime. On our way home, we stopped for some frozen yogurt.


On Monday, Susan and Cody headed back to Weiser, ID and the girls and boys played around the house and rested all day. They played for hours outside in the sunshine. Then, they had a sleepover in the living room and watched Frozen..... a lot.

I think we watched Frozen 50 times that week. I'm not kidding.

On Tuesday, I took the girls to get their nails done. We went to a nail salon in Chico, went out to lunch at Olive Garden, and then came home and watched... you guessed it... Frozen.


On Wednesday, the girls helped me get the house ready for youth group, and helped me make dinner. For lunch, I let the kids make their own pizzas. They really enjoyed that! In the afternoon on Wednesday, we had tornado warnings. I let my sister know and we had lots of people praying for us. Thank goodness the storm was a few miles north of us. The kids had no idea what was going on. I even took Hannah outside with me to take pictures. Bad Aunt on my part. She thought it was cool. All the kids even helped me bring all the toys in from the wind.



On Thursday, we stayed around the house because it was rainy and cold. We also packed up the car to head to San Francisco the next morning.

On Friday, we went to San Francisco. We drove over the Golden Gate bridge and went to Fisherman's Wharf. We ate lunch at Rainforest Cafe, watched the Sea Lions on the wharf, rode a carousel, ate a hot fudge Sundae at Guiradelli Square, and walked the hills of San Fran! By the end of the day all the kids (And adults) were exhausted! It was such a fun day!


On Saturday we loaded the car again and spent the last full day on Spring Break with the girls. EARLY EARLY EARLY (4:15 AM)on Sunday, we got into the car and I drove 10 hours by myself with 4 kids (Ages 8, 6, 3, and 1) We made it safely to Idaho with no complications and the kids traveled so well!

It was such a fun week!

My favorite picture of the week:

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!!! Leave us a comment! We definitely enjoy them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...